Friday, April 30, 2010

all about trains

We have played with trains EVERY single day since Thomas has arrived at our house.  We play with trains more than we play with dolls!  When I asked Abby what she wanted to do today, it was no surprise when she said she wanted to build a train track.  I had yet to decide what we were reading for school at this point in the morning, so we built a track knowing in my mind that she had new books about trains!  Once the new track was built, I pulled 2 books to read...Freight Train by Donald Crews and The train trip by Richard Scarry


After reading and playing, Abby wanted to paint.  I remembered that I had a cricut cartridge that cuts out train shapes, so we cut out a train to paint.

waiting for her shapes!


working on her "art project"...the cricut cartridge had shapes for a train track, engine, coal car, passenger car and a caboose! 


More stories before nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment